Ductile Cast Iron En545 Fitting Connector Universal Wide Range Flange Coupling
|Ductile iron grade 500-7/ 450-10 in accordance with ISO 1083
|EN545, EN598, ISO2531, BS4772, AWWA C110, AWWA C153, GB/T13295
|ISO9001, ISO14001, SGS,WRAS
|In accordance with ISO 2531 / EN 545 / EN598 and 100% water pressure test
|DIN2576, BS4504 PN16, ANSI B16.5
|PN10 / PN16 / PN25 according to BS4504
|Cement, conform to ISO4179/ Fishon Bonded Epoxy (FBE)
|Zinc + BiHangZhou, conform to ISO8179/ Fishon Bonded Epoxy (FBE)/ Epoxy/ BiHangZhou
|Jointed by the bolts, nuts and sealed by the gaskets
|the gaskets, bolts & nuts are supplied respectively as your special requirement
ZheJiang CHINAMFG COMMERCIAL CO.,LTD (hereinafter referred to as the “DEKO group”), the company is located in China’s “Land of Casting” -ZheJiang province, we are engaged in the wholesale, retail, research and development and sales of products for the integration of import and export company and we assembled fist-class factories in domestic, using the most advanced production facilities and technology to provide the best quality for our customers, DEKO group‘s products has been covered in the municipal engineering projects, drainage system, constructions, fire control system and urban public facilities related products, such as Cast Pipe,Pipe Fitting,Valve, Manhole cover, Hardware products, Aluminum die casting, Aluminium profile, Public Illumination,Urban Furnishing,Flange and Pipe Repair Clamps etc., CHINAMFG group has been undertaking some domestic and foreign projects every year round and has always been praised by our customers. At present our products have been exported to Europe, South America,Africa, Asia, Middle East and Southeast Asia etc.
DEKO group adhering to the”first-class brand,first-class service”purpose, to keep improving product quality as the basis and advancing with the times, providing high quality, high standard products to our customers, CHINAMFG group will develop into a”first-class products,first-class quality,first-class service”global company in future.
Q. Do you accept OEM service?
A: Yes, we do.
Q. Can I get free samples?
A: Yes, And you only need to bear the delivery costs, if the samples are not too big.
Q.What information should I let you know if I want to get a quotation?
A: Size, design standard, material, package, Quantities, etc…
Q.How can you assure your quality?
A:We have equipped the modern quality control system as well as our quality engineer always check step by step from mold ,production before shipment.
How Does a Flange Coupling Handle Angular, Parallel, and Axial Misalignment?
A flange coupling is designed to accommodate various types of misalignment that may occur between two shafts. Here’s how it handles different types of misalignment:
- Angular Misalignment: Flange couplings can handle angular misalignment by allowing a slight flexing or bending of the flexible elements. The coupling’s flexible components, such as elastomeric or metallic elements, can bend and compensate for angular misalignment between the shafts. This flexibility ensures that the coupling can transmit torque smoothly even when the shafts are not perfectly aligned in a straight line.
- Parallel Misalignment: Flange couplings can also accommodate parallel misalignment between the shafts. When the two shafts are slightly offset in a parallel direction, the flexible elements in the coupling can move laterally to accommodate this misalignment. This lateral movement helps prevent excessive forces and wear on the coupling and connected equipment, ensuring efficient power transmission even in slightly misaligned conditions.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment refers to the situation when two shafts are displaced along their common axis. Flange couplings are not specifically designed to handle large axial misalignment. However, certain types of flange couplings may have limited axial movement capabilities due to the flexibility of their components. In some cases, an additional feature like an end float or sliding flange design may be incorporated to accommodate limited axial movement.
It is important to note that while flange couplings can handle a certain degree of misalignment, excessive misalignment can lead to premature wear and failure of the coupling. Regular maintenance and proper alignment of the shafts are essential to ensure the coupling’s optimal performance and longevity.
Maintenance-Free Flange Couplings
Flange couplings can be designed to be maintenance-free, meaning they require minimal or no regular maintenance throughout their operational life. The key features and options that contribute to maintenance-free flange couplings include:
- Sealed and Lubricated: Some flange couplings are sealed and pre-lubricated with high-performance grease during the manufacturing process. This ensures that the coupling remains properly lubricated over an extended period, eliminating the need for routine lubrication.
- Self-Lubricating Materials: Certain flange couplings are constructed from self-lubricating materials, such as polymers or composites, that provide a low-friction interface between the mating surfaces. This reduces wear and eliminates the need for additional lubrication.
- Maintenance-Free Bearings: Flange couplings with integrated maintenance-free bearings further enhance the overall maintenance-free operation. These bearings are designed to withstand the required loads and provide long-lasting performance without the need for regular lubrication.
- Corrosion-Resistant Materials: Flange couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials, such as stainless steel or coated alloys, can resist environmental factors that might lead to corrosion and premature wear, resulting in extended maintenance intervals.
- Robust Design: A well-engineered flange coupling with a robust design can withstand harsh conditions, shock loads, and other stresses, reducing the likelihood of component failure and the need for maintenance.
It is essential to select a flange coupling that is specifically labeled as “maintenance-free” or “self-lubricating” by the manufacturer to ensure that it meets your maintenance objectives. However, it’s important to note that even maintenance-free flange couplings may still require periodic inspection to check for wear, alignment issues, or other potential problems.
Are There Any Safety Considerations When Using Flange Couplings in Rotating Machinery?
Yes, there are several safety considerations to keep in mind when using flange couplings in rotating machinery. Flange couplings are an essential component in many industrial applications, but their use in rotating machinery can present certain hazards that need to be addressed. Below are the key safety considerations:
1. Guarding: It is crucial to have appropriate guarding around the flange coupling to prevent accidental contact with rotating parts. Guards should be designed and installed to prevent access to the coupling during operation and maintenance, reducing the risk of entanglement or other accidents.
2. Lockout/Tagout Procedures: Before performing any maintenance or inspection on machinery with flange couplings, lockout/tagout procedures must be followed. This ensures that the equipment is isolated from its power source and cannot be accidentally energized while personnel are working on it.
3. Proper Installation and Alignment: Flange couplings should be correctly installed and aligned according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Improper installation can lead to misalignment, increased vibrations, and potential coupling failure, which may pose safety risks to personnel and equipment.
4. Material Compatibility: Ensure that the material used for the flange coupling is suitable for the specific application, taking into account factors such as the type of fluid or environment the coupling will be exposed to. Incompatible materials may lead to corrosion or mechanical failure, affecting safety.
5. Regular Inspection and Maintenance: Scheduled inspections and maintenance are crucial to detect any signs of wear, damage, or misalignment in the flange coupling. Addressing issues promptly can prevent unexpected failures and reduce the risk of accidents.
6. Load Capacity: Flange couplings should be selected based on the anticipated load and torque requirements of the application. Using a coupling with inadequate load capacity may lead to premature failure and safety hazards.
7. Training and Awareness: Personnel working with rotating machinery and flange couplings should receive appropriate training on safety procedures and potential hazards. Awareness of safe working practices is essential for preventing accidents and injuries.
8. Temperature and Environment: Consider the operating temperature and environmental conditions when selecting a flange coupling. Extreme temperatures or harsh environments may affect the coupling’s performance and safety.
9. Emergency Stop Procedures: Machinery with flange couplings should have emergency stop procedures in place to quickly shut down the equipment in case of an emergency or abnormal operation.
10. Compliance with Regulations: Ensure that the use of flange couplings complies with relevant safety regulations and industry standards.
By addressing these safety considerations, users can minimize the risks associated with flange couplings in rotating machinery and create a safer working environment for personnel and equipment.
editor by CX 2023-11-16