Ductile iron pipe has the essence of iron and the properties of steel, so it is called this. The graphite in the ductile iron pipe is in the form of spheroids, and the size of the general graphite is 6-7. In terms of quality, the spheroidization grade of the cast iron pipe is controlled to be 1-3, and the spheroidization rate is ≥80%, so the mechanical properties of the material itself have been better improved, and it has the essence of iron and the performance of steel. The annealed ductile iron pipe has a metallographic structure of ferrite plus a small amount of pearlite, and has good mechanical properties, so it is also called cast iron pipe.
|Diameter(mm)||Outer diameter(mm)||Wall thickness
It has the essence of iron and the performance of steel. The annealed ductile iron pipe has a metallographic structure of ferrite plus a small amount of pearlite, good mechanical properties, excellent corrosion resistance, good ductility, good sealing effect, easy installation, and mainly used for water supply and gas transmission in municipalities, industrial and mining enterprises , Oil and so on.
A certain amount of spheroidal graphite is distributed on the ferrite and pearlite matrix. According to the nominal diameter and the requirements for elongation, the ratio of ferrite and pearlite in the matrix structure is different. The ratio of pearlite with small diameter Generally, it is not more than 20%, and the large-caliber is generally controlled at about 25%.
It is suitable for the domestic drainage pipes of socket type and clamp type connection of gray cast iron pipes and supporting pipe fittings with internal and external pipe diameters of DN50mm~DN300mm and internal pressure not greater than 0.3MPa in new construction, expansion and reconstruction of civil and industrial buildings. , Rainwater pipes, non-corrosive industrial production wastewater pipes and rain down pipes.
High Mountain Pipe is dedicated to the manufacturing and sales of various kinds of plastic pipes, fittings, valves, related plumbing equipments, etc. And we can provide professional solution method for complete pipe system. The production and sales volume of leading products of PE water supply pipes and HDPE drainage pipes ranks among the highest in the industry.
The company covers an area of about 200,000 square CZPT and has 6 workshops, 30 production lines, 300 workers, and 200,000 tons annual ability. It is a comprehensive enterprise integrating science, industry and trade. The industries involved are: research, production, development, manufacturing, and polymer materials of plastic pipes. All products meet the requirements of national inspection standards or enterprise inspection standards.
Q1: May I get 1 sample before placing order?
Re: Yes, Sample are available. For normal products, samples are for free and you just need to bear the freight; For those high value products, you just need to freight and certain product cost. When we both cooperate for some times or when you are our VIP customer, free sample will be offered when you need.
Q2: Which payment is available for your company?
Re: T/T, L/C or Ali trade insurance. You can choose the 1 which is convenient for you.
Q3: How and when can I get my goods after payment?
Re: For small quantity products, they will be delivered to you by international courier(DHL, FedEx, TNT etc.) or by air. Usually it will cost 3-5days that you can get the goods after delivery. For large quantity products,shipping by see is worthwhile.It will cost days to weeks to come to your destination port, which depends on where the port is.
Q4: Is there any possible to use my appointed label or package?
Re: Yes. If needed, we’d like to use label or package according to your requirement.
Q5: How can you guarantee the goods you offer is qualified?
Re: We always believe honesty and responsibility are basis of 1 company, so whatever products we provide for you all are qualified. We will have goods tested and provide COA before delivery for sure.
Q6:Is the price on this page correct?
Re: The listed price is only for reference, for latest price, pls contact us directly.
Torque and Speed Ratings of Flange Couplings
Flange couplings are available in various sizes and designs to accommodate a wide range of torque and rotational speed requirements. The torque and speed ratings of flange couplings depend on several factors, including their size, material, and design.
The torque rating of a flange coupling indicates the maximum amount of torque it can transmit without experiencing failure or damage. It is typically specified in Nm (Newton-meters) or lb-ft (pound-feet). The torque rating varies for different sizes and types of flange couplings. Larger flange couplings generally have higher torque ratings compared to smaller ones.
The speed rating of a flange coupling represents the maximum rotational speed at which it can operate reliably without excessive vibration or wear. It is typically expressed in RPM (revolutions per minute). The speed rating is influenced by factors such as the design, material, and balancing of the flange coupling. Higher-speed applications require flange couplings that can handle the increased centrifugal forces and dynamic loads associated with higher RPMs.
Size and Type:
The torque and speed ratings vary for different sizes and types of flange couplings. For example:
- Smaller flange couplings, such as those used in light-duty applications, may have torque ratings ranging from a few Nm to several hundred Nm, and speed ratings up to a few thousand RPM.
- Larger flange couplings, used in heavy-duty industrial applications, can have torque ratings exceeding several thousand Nm and speed ratings that may reach tens of thousands of RPM.
- Flexible flange couplings may have slightly lower torque ratings compared to rigid flange couplings but offer greater misalignment compensation.
It is essential to refer to the manufacturer’s specifications and technical data to determine the specific torque and speed ratings for each size and type of flange coupling. Manufacturers typically provide detailed performance data to help users select the appropriate flange coupling for their specific application.
When selecting a flange coupling, it is crucial to consider the torque and speed requirements of the application. The operating conditions, such as load fluctuations and thermal effects, should also be taken into account to ensure the flange coupling’s reliable performance and longevity.
Flange couplings come in various sizes and designs, each with its own torque and speed ratings. Properly selecting a flange coupling that meets the specific torque and speed requirements of the application is essential to ensure efficient and trouble-free power transmission in mechanical systems.
Can Flange Couplings Be Used in Applications with High Shock and Impact Loads?
Yes, flange couplings are designed to handle high shock and impact loads in various industrial applications. Their robust construction and rigid design make them suitable for use in systems where sudden shocks and impacts are common.
The ability of flange couplings to withstand shock and impact loads is influenced by several factors:
1. Material Selection: Flange couplings are often made from high-strength materials, such as alloy steels or stainless steels, which provide excellent toughness and resistance to impact loads.
2. Robust Design: The design of flange couplings typically includes features like sturdy flanges and high-strength bolts that enhance their ability to withstand shocks and impacts.
3. Tolerance for Misalignment: Some flange couplings, such as flexible flange couplings, have the ability to accommodate slight misalignments between shafts. This flexibility helps absorb shocks and vibrations, reducing the impact on connected equipment.
4. Proper Installation: Proper installation and alignment are crucial for ensuring that flange couplings can handle shock and impact loads effectively. Precision alignment and the correct torque on the bolts prevent premature failures due to misalignment.
5. Application Considerations: When selecting a flange coupling for an application with high shock and impact loads, factors such as torque requirements, rotational speed, and the magnitude of the shock should be taken into account to choose the most suitable coupling type and size.
Overall, flange couplings are a reliable choice for systems where shock and impact loads are present. However, it is essential to consult with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts to ensure the proper selection and installation of the coupling for specific high-impact applications.
Advantages of Flange Couplings in Mechanical Systems
Flange couplings offer several advantages in mechanical systems, making them a popular choice for connecting shafts in various applications:
- High Torque Transmission: Flange couplings provide a rigid and secure connection between shafts, allowing for efficient transmission of high torque without slippage or power loss.
- Precise Alignment: Proper alignment of flange couplings ensures that the connected shafts are in perfect axial alignment, reducing the risk of excessive bearing loads and increasing the longevity of the machinery.
- Zero Backlash: Flange couplings have no play or free movement between the shafts, resulting in immediate torque transmission and precise motion control, especially in applications requiring precise positioning.
- Robust and Durable: Flange couplings are typically made from high-quality materials such as steel, cast iron, or aluminum, providing excellent durability and resistance to wear and corrosion.
- Wide Range of Sizes and Torque Capacities: Flange couplings are available in various sizes and configurations, allowing them to be used in a wide range of applications with different torque requirements.
- Simple Installation: Installing flange couplings is relatively straightforward, requiring alignment and fastening of the flanges with bolts and nuts.
- Wide Application Range: Flange couplings are used in various industries, including heavy machinery, pumps, compressors, marine propulsion, and power generation equipment.
- Suitable for High-Speed Applications: Flange couplings can handle high rotational speeds, making them suitable for applications requiring high-speed power transmission.
- Minimal Maintenance: Once properly installed, flange couplings require minimal maintenance, reducing downtime and operational costs.
Despite their advantages, flange couplings also have some limitations. They lack the ability to compensate for misalignment like flexible couplings, which can lead to increased stress on bearings and other components if not correctly aligned. Additionally, the rigid nature of flange couplings means they may not be suitable for applications where shaft misalignment is common or where shock and vibration absorption is required.
Overall, flange couplings are a reliable and robust choice for mechanical systems, particularly in applications demanding high torque transmission and precise shaft alignment. Proper installation and maintenance are crucial to ensure optimal performance and longevity of both the coupling and the connected machinery.
editor by CX 2023-08-15