SYI Ductile Iron Compact Dismantling Joints PN10 PN16 PN25 PN40
SYI COMPACT Dismantling Joints, developed by experienced engineers in CHINAMFG in 2571, the newest compact design in the market, more lighter, more easier, and more lower cost.
Body:Ductile Iron grade 500-7/450-10 in accordance with ISO 1083 or 70-50-05/65-45-12 with ASTM A536
Gasket:Rubber E.P.D.M./NBR/SBR in accordance with EN 681.1
Gland:Ductile Iron grade 500-7/450-10 in accordance with ISO 1083 or 70-50-05/65-45-12 with ASTM A536
Bolts And Nuts:Carbon steel grade 6.8 with galvanization
Flange:PN10 and PN16 drilling in accordance with ISO 7005-2/EN 1092-2
Working Pressure: 16 Bar or 250/350PSI
0°C – 50°C, excluding frost
liquid epoxy resin painting
liquid epoxy resin painting
Reference Rules:Designed and tested in accordance with EN14525, ANSI/AWWA C219 and EN545
Accessories:gasket, stub(screw) bolts, washer, nuts etc. The accessories for Dismantling Joints are usually supplied by assembled on the body.
1.For the both ends, adopt Flange connection mode.
2.The overall length of the connection can be adjusted, there is a certain amount of expansion. Generally, the design maximum expansion is 50mm.
3.They could replace the double flange straight pipe during repairing, repairing the original damaged pipe fittings or connecting new pipes, and adjustable length characteristics make them more convenient than flange pipe in the application of construction and installation. They are usually connected adjacent to the valve.
4.The bolt can be directly used for connecting the flange in the pipeline.
5.At the same time, we can also supply half set of bolts, that is, bolts with 50% bolt holes.
It belongs to our new design, which reduce the weight and cost, are more competitive.
Packing: Different package CHINAMFG your request,like wood cases&pallets,ply-wood crates&pallets,steel crates&pallets and etc.
Quality ControlSYI Pipeline regards quality as an essential and integral part of our business success.
Until now, we are ISO9001:2015 TUV, BSI Kitemarked, SGS, BV, FM certified, and UL, WRAS listed. We are the approved supplier to many CHINAMFG known countries and authorities.
Manufacturing “SYI” Brand products has evolved as a mark of quality!
Welcome to send us an inquiry for more details and price!!!
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Flange Coupling for a Specific System
When selecting a flange coupling for a specific system, several factors need to be taken into consideration to ensure optimal performance and reliability. Here are the key factors to consider:
- 1. Load and Torque Requirements: Determine the maximum load and torque that the flange coupling will experience in the application. This includes both static and dynamic loads. Select a flange coupling that can handle these loads without exceeding its rated capacity.
- 2. Shaft Diameter: Measure the diameter of the shafts that will be connected by the flange coupling. Ensure that the coupling’s bore size matches the shaft diameter to provide a proper fit and secure connection.
- 3. Misalignment Tolerance: Consider the amount of misalignment that the system may experience during operation. Flange couplings are available in different designs, and some can accommodate higher levels of misalignment than others. Choose a coupling that can handle the expected misalignment to prevent premature wear and stress on the system.
- 4. Operating Speed: Determine the rotational speed of the connected equipment. High-speed applications may require precision balancing and careful selection of materials to prevent issues like resonance and excessive vibration.
- 5. Environmental Conditions: Consider the environmental factors the flange coupling will be exposed to, such as temperature, humidity, dust, and chemicals. Choose a material and coating that can withstand the specific environmental conditions to prevent corrosion and degradation.
- 6. Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for installing the flange coupling. Some applications may have limited space for coupling installation, requiring compact designs or custom solutions.
- 7. Serviceability: Assess the ease of installation and maintenance of the flange coupling. A coupling that is easy to install and service can reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
- 8. Compatibility: Ensure that the flange coupling is compatible with the equipment and shafts in the system. Consider factors such as keyways, set screws, and other connection methods.
- 9. Material Selection: Choose the appropriate material for the flange coupling based on factors like load, temperature, and corrosion resistance. Common materials include steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and various alloys.
- 10. Cost: Compare the cost of different flange coupling options, considering both the initial investment and long-term maintenance expenses. Balance the cost with the desired performance and reliability.
It is essential to consult with coupling manufacturers or industry experts to ensure the flange coupling’s suitability for the specific application. Properly selecting and installing the right flange coupling can contribute to the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of the connected machinery and system.
Electrical Insulation in Flange Couplings
In certain applications, flange couplings may need to provide electrical insulation between shafts to prevent the flow of electrical currents and ensure safety and proper functioning. The handling of electrical insulation in flange couplings depends on the design and materials used:
1. Material Selection: Some flange couplings are manufactured using electrically insulating materials, such as certain polymers or composite materials. These materials have high resistivity and do not conduct electricity, effectively isolating one shaft from the other.
2. Sleeve or Coating: In some cases, a non-conductive sleeve or coating is added to the coupling to provide electrical insulation. This sleeve can be made from materials like rubber or other insulating compounds.
3. Insulating Inserts: Flange couplings may incorporate insulating inserts or liners between the mating surfaces to prevent electrical conduction.
4. Dielectric Grease: Dielectric grease, a non-conductive and water-resistant grease, can be used to fill any gaps between mating surfaces and enhance the electrical insulation properties of the flange coupling.
It’s crucial to ensure that the chosen flange coupling provides adequate electrical insulation for the specific application. The level of insulation required will depend on the electrical characteristics and voltages involved in the system. Additionally, proper installation and maintenance are essential to maintain the integrity of the electrical insulation over time.
Advantages of Flange Couplings in Mechanical Systems
Flange couplings offer several advantages in mechanical systems, making them a popular choice for connecting shafts in various applications:
- High Torque Transmission: Flange couplings provide a rigid and secure connection between shafts, allowing for efficient transmission of high torque without slippage or power loss.
- Precise Alignment: Proper alignment of flange couplings ensures that the connected shafts are in perfect axial alignment, reducing the risk of excessive bearing loads and increasing the longevity of the machinery.
- Zero Backlash: Flange couplings have no play or free movement between the shafts, resulting in immediate torque transmission and precise motion control, especially in applications requiring precise positioning.
- Robust and Durable: Flange couplings are typically made from high-quality materials such as steel, cast iron, or aluminum, providing excellent durability and resistance to wear and corrosion.
- Wide Range of Sizes and Torque Capacities: Flange couplings are available in various sizes and configurations, allowing them to be used in a wide range of applications with different torque requirements.
- Simple Installation: Installing flange couplings is relatively straightforward, requiring alignment and fastening of the flanges with bolts and nuts.
- Wide Application Range: Flange couplings are used in various industries, including heavy machinery, pumps, compressors, marine propulsion, and power generation equipment.
- Suitable for High-Speed Applications: Flange couplings can handle high rotational speeds, making them suitable for applications requiring high-speed power transmission.
- Minimal Maintenance: Once properly installed, flange couplings require minimal maintenance, reducing downtime and operational costs.
Despite their advantages, flange couplings also have some limitations. They lack the ability to compensate for misalignment like flexible couplings, which can lead to increased stress on bearings and other components if not correctly aligned. Additionally, the rigid nature of flange couplings means they may not be suitable for applications where shaft misalignment is common or where shock and vibration absorption is required.
Overall, flange couplings are a reliable and robust choice for mechanical systems, particularly in applications demanding high torque transmission and precise shaft alignment. Proper installation and maintenance are crucial to ensure optimal performance and longevity of both the coupling and the connected machinery.
editor by CX 2023-12-01