Ductile iron universal joint
1) The Universal Flanged Adaptors and Couplings are designed for pipelines, As a wide tolerance system
2) It will fit most standard pipe materials and therefore dramatically reduces the number of dedicated Flanged Adaptors and couplings which need to be stocked for maintenance purposes.
3) It is suitable for steel, GRP, PVC, PE, Ductile Iron, Cast Ironand Asbestors Cement. When connecting PE pipes, It is important that pipe inserts are fitted to the PE pipes.
1) All the flanged adaptors are assembled by ” T ” bolts.
2) Bolts, Nuts and Washers are in carbon steel Grade 4.8, 8.8 with zinc plated, dacromet coating or according to customer’s request.
3) Body material is Ductile iron GGG500-7.
4) CZPT bonded epoxy powder coating in blue, black or red or according to customer’srequest.
5) Gaskets material: E. P. D. M., NBR or SBR.
6) Accommodate BS, DIN, ANSI flange drillings. Specification Unit Weight Sealing Ranges(mm) inches mm kgs 2″ 50 3.6 59~732 1/2″ 65 4.50 72~853″ 80 4.83 88~1034″ 100 5.51 108~1285″ 125 7.74 132~1546″ 150 8.32 159~1827″ 175 11.30 192~2098″ 200 9.95 218~23510″ 250 14.50 271~28912″ 300 18.62 322~34014″ 350 26.00 374~39116″ 400 28.85 417~43718″ 450 33.40 480~5571″ 500 50.00 526~54624″ 600 54.10 630~650.
1. Can I get free samples?
A: Yes, we can provide you the free samples, but you need to bear their own delivery costs.
2. Can I request to change the form of packaging and transportation?
A: Yes, We can change the form of the packaging and transportation according to your request, but you have to bear their own costs incurred during this period and the spreads.
3. Can I request to advance the shipment?
A: It should be depends on whether there is sufficient inventory in our warehouse.
4. Can I have my own Logo on the product?
A: Yes, you can send us your drawing and we can make your logo, but you have to bear their own the cost.
5. Can you produce the products according to my own drawings?
A: Yes, we can produce the products according to your drawings that will be most satisfy you.
6. Which price terms could accepted?
A: FOB,CIF all acceptable.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Flange Coupling for a Specific System
When selecting a flange coupling for a specific system, several factors need to be taken into consideration to ensure optimal performance and reliability. Here are the key factors to consider:
- 1. Load and Torque Requirements: Determine the maximum load and torque that the flange coupling will experience in the application. This includes both static and dynamic loads. Select a flange coupling that can handle these loads without exceeding its rated capacity.
- 2. Shaft Diameter: Measure the diameter of the shafts that will be connected by the flange coupling. Ensure that the coupling’s bore size matches the shaft diameter to provide a proper fit and secure connection.
- 3. Misalignment Tolerance: Consider the amount of misalignment that the system may experience during operation. Flange couplings are available in different designs, and some can accommodate higher levels of misalignment than others. Choose a coupling that can handle the expected misalignment to prevent premature wear and stress on the system.
- 4. Operating Speed: Determine the rotational speed of the connected equipment. High-speed applications may require precision balancing and careful selection of materials to prevent issues like resonance and excessive vibration.
- 5. Environmental Conditions: Consider the environmental factors the flange coupling will be exposed to, such as temperature, humidity, dust, and chemicals. Choose a material and coating that can withstand the specific environmental conditions to prevent corrosion and degradation.
- 6. Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for installing the flange coupling. Some applications may have limited space for coupling installation, requiring compact designs or custom solutions.
- 7. Serviceability: Assess the ease of installation and maintenance of the flange coupling. A coupling that is easy to install and service can reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
- 8. Compatibility: Ensure that the flange coupling is compatible with the equipment and shafts in the system. Consider factors such as keyways, set screws, and other connection methods.
- 9. Material Selection: Choose the appropriate material for the flange coupling based on factors like load, temperature, and corrosion resistance. Common materials include steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and various alloys.
- 10. Cost: Compare the cost of different flange coupling options, considering both the initial investment and long-term maintenance expenses. Balance the cost with the desired performance and reliability.
It is essential to consult with coupling manufacturers or industry experts to ensure the flange coupling’s suitability for the specific application. Properly selecting and installing the right flange coupling can contribute to the efficiency, reliability, and longevity of the connected machinery and system.
What are the Temperature and Environmental Limitations of Flange Couplings?
Flange couplings, like any mechanical component, have certain temperature and environmental limitations that can impact their performance and lifespan. It’s crucial to understand these limitations to select the appropriate flange coupling for specific applications. Here are the key factors to consider:
1. Temperature: Flange couplings are typically manufactured from materials that can withstand a range of temperatures. The maximum and minimum operating temperatures will depend on the material composition of the coupling. Common materials used for flange couplings, such as steel or stainless steel, can handle a broad temperature range from -40°C to 300°C or higher. However, extreme temperatures beyond the recommended range can cause material degradation, loss of strength, and potential failure of the coupling. In high-temperature applications, specialized materials like heat-resistant alloys may be used to maintain coupling integrity.
2. Corrosive Environments: Flange couplings operating in corrosive environments, such as chemical processing plants or marine applications, should be made from materials that resist corrosion. Stainless steel or other corrosion-resistant alloys are commonly used for such conditions. Regular inspection and maintenance are crucial to monitor the coupling’s condition and protect against premature failure due to corrosion.
3. Hazardous Environments: In certain industries, flange couplings may be exposed to hazardous or explosive atmospheres. In such cases, it’s essential to choose flange couplings that meet relevant safety standards, such as ATEX or IECEx, and are specifically designed and certified for use in hazardous environments.
4. Cleanliness and Hygienic Requirements: Industries such as food processing, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology have strict hygiene standards. Flange couplings used in these applications should be easy to clean and constructed from materials that meet sanitary requirements to prevent contamination and ensure product purity.
5. Environmental Factors: Flange couplings used in outdoor applications may be exposed to various environmental factors such as moisture, dust, and UV radiation. Choosing couplings with appropriate protective coatings or seals can help enhance their resistance to environmental elements and extend their service life.
Before selecting a flange coupling for a specific application, it’s essential to consider the temperature and environmental conditions it will be exposed to. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineers can help ensure that the chosen flange coupling is suitable for the intended operating environment and will deliver reliable performance over its expected lifespan.
Advantages of Flange Couplings in Mechanical Systems
Flange couplings offer several advantages in mechanical systems, making them a popular choice for connecting shafts in various applications:
- High Torque Transmission: Flange couplings provide a rigid and secure connection between shafts, allowing for efficient transmission of high torque without slippage or power loss.
- Precise Alignment: Proper alignment of flange couplings ensures that the connected shafts are in perfect axial alignment, reducing the risk of excessive bearing loads and increasing the longevity of the machinery.
- Zero Backlash: Flange couplings have no play or free movement between the shafts, resulting in immediate torque transmission and precise motion control, especially in applications requiring precise positioning.
- Robust and Durable: Flange couplings are typically made from high-quality materials such as steel, cast iron, or aluminum, providing excellent durability and resistance to wear and corrosion.
- Wide Range of Sizes and Torque Capacities: Flange couplings are available in various sizes and configurations, allowing them to be used in a wide range of applications with different torque requirements.
- Simple Installation: Installing flange couplings is relatively straightforward, requiring alignment and fastening of the flanges with bolts and nuts.
- Wide Application Range: Flange couplings are used in various industries, including heavy machinery, pumps, compressors, marine propulsion, and power generation equipment.
- Suitable for High-Speed Applications: Flange couplings can handle high rotational speeds, making them suitable for applications requiring high-speed power transmission.
- Minimal Maintenance: Once properly installed, flange couplings require minimal maintenance, reducing downtime and operational costs.
Despite their advantages, flange couplings also have some limitations. They lack the ability to compensate for misalignment like flexible couplings, which can lead to increased stress on bearings and other components if not correctly aligned. Additionally, the rigid nature of flange couplings means they may not be suitable for applications where shaft misalignment is common or where shock and vibration absorption is required.
Overall, flange couplings are a reliable and robust choice for mechanical systems, particularly in applications demanding high torque transmission and precise shaft alignment. Proper installation and maintenance are crucial to ensure optimal performance and longevity of both the coupling and the connected machinery.
editor by CX 2023-08-22